POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : fish glass / Freiheit? [WIP] (JPG 43KB) : Re: fish glass / Freiheit? [WIP] (JPG 43KB) Server Time
13 Aug 2024 17:26:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: fish glass / Freiheit? [WIP] (JPG 43KB)
From: Alastair Murray
Date: 17 Feb 2003 20:05:19
Message: <3e5186cf$1@news.povray.org>
Looking good - but I have a suggestion (though it may be too late if you've
stopped development of the image, and 15 pages on creating a render?
ouch!).  Anyway, there is obviously some ambient light here which detracts
from the realism of the image.  I would suggest that you add  "ambient_light
rgb 0" to your global_settings{} and then some radiosity.  It's actually
quite easy to get some basic radiosity (won't be perfect for your scene
though) if you use a preset from "rad_def.inc".  "Normal" or "Default" may
do the trick.

Good luck with the report, Alastair Murray.